Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions:
our Contract is with Mana Tours NZ Ltd referred to as “Mana Tours”.
A full payment is required at the time of booking, to secure your reservation. All fares published supersede all prices previously advertised. Stated duration counts the day of departure and day of return. Mana Tours reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or to refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by Mana Tours within the specified time. Prices include New Zealand Government Goods and Services Tax (where applicable).
As per brochure, Mana Tours reserves the right to make changes to itineraries or cancel any trip, including a guaranteed trip, at any time prior to departure if something beyond the control of Mana Tours deems it necessary including natural disasters, political instability, terrorism, weather, cultural conditions or other external events. It is imperative that you download the most up to date information on our website just prior to their trip departing.
If Mana Tours cancel a trip on which you are holding a fully paid booking you may choose between an alternative tour or a full refund. The company is not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your bookings such as visas, vaccinations, or non-refundable flights. If the alternative trip chosen is of a lower value than that originally booked then you are entitled to a refund of the price difference. If the alternative tour chosen is of a higher value then you will pay the difference in price.
|Cancellation Policy- New Zealand For online bookings|
|Period||% Cancellation Fee|
|More than 48 hours||100% refund|
|Less than 48 hours||50% refund|
South Island Trip
Please be aware that if you booked the South Island tour with Mana Tours, the further conditions apply as cancellation policy:
|Cancellation Policy- New Zealand For online bookings
|Period||% Cancellation Fee|
|30 days prior||100% refund|
|14 days prior||70% refund|
|7 days prior||50% refund|
|Within 48 hours||20% refund|
|Less than 48 hours||No refund|
Mana Tours offer holidays across New Zealand and are designed for travellers/students who are 16 years plus. In practice, this means that travellers under the age of 16 cannot travel without prior agreement of our operational staff. Please get in contact if you are outside of this age bracket to discuss options.
In many parts of New Zealand, Mana Tours works with highly reputable local specialist operators. These local partners are all passionate about the activities they operate and offer the same high standards as Mana Tours.
Within New Zealand, each passenger is entitled to take one case, the sum of its length, width, and depth not to exceed 60 cm, weight limit of 16 kilos along with a small daypack. Airlines permit only one cabin bag per person, in which personal items such as cameras, make-up etc. should be carried thought you need to check with your airline provider as to their specific requirements. Over-limit luggage cannot be carried. Baggage is at ‘owner’s risk’. Most Hotels & Hostels offer storage services for additional luggage.
Important Information Exclusion of Liability
- 1. Whilst Mana Tours will take all reasonable steps to provide an enjoyable tour, it accepts no liability for any loss of enjoyment experienced by passengers due to circumstances beyond its control. Mana Tours further accepts no liability for any loss beyond its reasonable control and provides no warranties in addition to those set out under The Fair Trading Act 1986, and nothing herein restricts any passenger from exercising their rights and remedies pursuant to law.
- 2. Your Travel Agent will forward booking confirmations and other payments to Mana Tours on your behalf, but your Travel Agent is not our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of booking confirmations and subsequent payments by the travel agent does not constitute receipt of those monies by Mana Tours and the Travel Agent has no authority expressed or implied to receive monies on our behalf. There is no liability on the part of Mana Tours in respect to any monies paid to the passenger’s Travel Agent unless and until Mana Tours notifies the passenger (by way of a booking confirmation advice or payment receipt advice) that monies have been received by Mana Tours.
- 3. The optional tour excursions are not operated by, or at the direction of, or on behalf of Mana Tours, its employees or agents or any other persons or companies associated with Mana Tours. All Optional Activities are an additional cost to the tour price and by taking bookings for these tours, Mana Tours acts as each optional tour operator’s agent.
- 4. These tours include the services of operators other than Mana Tours e.g. hoteliers, airlines and optional tour excursions, which are not under the direct control of Mana Tours, and whilst Mana Tours takes all reasonable care in selecting these operators, it cannot accept responsibility for those operators’ conduct or the conduct of their representative employees or agents or for any ramifications of that conduct.
- 5. On tours including activities such as trekking, swimming, and snorkelling, passengers accept that degrees of risk are involved.
- 6. No passenger will be permitted to embark or continue on tour while their mental or physical condition is, in the opinion of any representative of Mana Tours, such as to render them incapable of caring for themselves, or whereby they become objectionable to other passengers, or they become a hazard to themselves or other passengers. Mana Tours will not be responsible for expenses resulting in such persons being precluded from completing the tour.
A charge of $25 NZD will apply to any addition or modification requested after the original booking has been confirmed. If there is any change to the price of the tour you change your booking to, since the time of your original reservation, the new tour price will apply to the new reservation.
Itineraries are subject to alteration without notice and intended as a guide only. Alterations may come about due to road or weather conditions, strikes, public holidays, local festivals and cultural or other reasons. Due to the nature of the terrain and remote areas, weather fluctuations can adversely affect road conditions that may necessitate alterations to itinerary with little or no notice. Any additional expense incurred by the passenger is not Mana Tours responsibility. Mana Tours can give no guarantee as to the exact arrival and departure times for carriers and operators used by Mana Tours in the tour and Mana Tours will not be liable for failure to make Mana Tours with any other services or attractions beyond its control.
As is normally the case with group tours, a minimum number of bookings are required in order for a tour to be financially viable and to have a pleasant group atmosphere. In the event that adequate numbers cannot be achieved, it may be necessary to cancel a scheduled departure and to offer the nearest possible alternative date (or, of course, a full refund of money paid). The date on which the decision is made whether a tour will operate is usually at the discretion of the operator and before the scheduled departure date.
In the event of a breakdown or other unforeseen circumstances, the operator reserves the right to substitute vehicles other than those specified to ensure the operation of a tour.
Extra Items (Activities):
All the extra items (activities) listed on the website are optional for each tour. Mana Tours makes a constant effort to provide the most valuable and updated price for our clients. Nevertheless, prices and availability are subject to change without previous notice, once they are provided by third-party partners. If the price paid on the date of the booking is incompatible with the activity rate at the time of the tour, the client can additionally pay the difference or cancel his/her purchase and request a full refund.
Smoking and alcohol drinks
Government regulations forbid smoking or drinking alcohol in tourist coaches. Requests for smoking/ non-smoking rooms will be passed on to accommodation providers but cannot be guaranteed.
If a problem occurs during your tour, then in your own best interests you should advise your Tour Manager immediately so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter there and then. If you remain dissatisfied, any complaint must be made in writing to us within 7 days.